duminică, 2 iulie 2017

T.O.P Acknowledges All Charges at Tria

T.O.P Acknowledges All Charges at Trial (Updates from 1st Court Hearing)
Please remember that the trial only just happened this morning (KST). We will update this post as more information becomes available.

Headlines/Summary:

– T.O.P spoke to reporters for the first time today, apologizing for his behavior. He bowed in apology at the courthouse prior to his trial.
– T.O.P: “I was stupid. I made a big mistake with my impulsive behavior. I’m sorry. I am sincerely in the wrong. This will never happen again. I will accept any punishment given to me. I also want to apologize to my mother.”
– T.O.P: “The incident happened in one week and that week became worst moment of my life. I’m regretting it and embarrassed, will serve as a lesson.”
– Prosecution has asked for T.O.P to be sentenced to 2 years probation and if he breaks probation or any laws, at any time during these 2 years, he will face 10 months in jail. This would mean that as long as T.O.P does not violate his probation during the 2 years, he will not have to go to prison. Prosecution is also asking for a 12,000 won fine.
– [UPDATE] T.O.P’s next court hearing is on July 20, 1:50pm KST. Prosecution said their proposed sentence at the court hearing today and T.O.P’s side is asking for a lesser sentence. All that’s left is official sentencing. It’s very likely that T.O.P will end up receiving something like 18 months suspension/probation with 6 months jail time if he breaks probation. T.O.P’s final trial and official sentence will (most likely) be revealed on July 20.
– [UPDATE] There are 520 days left on his military service. Since he’s likely to get a suspended jail sentence (probation) that’s less than 18 months, he could carry on with his military service without re-enlisting. However, if the judge decides he’s ineligible, he could serve as a social worker or reservist.
Sources: DongA IlboIlgan SportsSports Chosun
Translations: @OH_mes@Netizentown


T.O.P’s Apology Before Court Hearing

“First of all, I apologize to all of you who have been hurt and disappointed by me.
I was too stupid. I had many days of trying to avoid myself in the darkness due to long periods of deep depression and severe anxiety disorder. Such a mysterious mental state of me has led me to do a huge irreversible mistake and impulsive wrongdoings, and has caused a great disappointment to many.
I am so embarrassed myself. Again, I will reflect more deeply and sincerely repent. In the future, this will never happen, and I will accept any punishment. I’m really sorry. And finally, I’m really sorry to my mother.”
Source: Naver
Translation: @netizentown

T.O.P Acknowledges All Charges At First Trial For Marijuana Case

On June 29 at 11:30 a.m. KST, the Seoul Central District Court proceeded with the first trial for BIG BANG T.O.P’s marijuana case.
During the trial, T.O.P acknowledged all of the charges made against him. He has been accused of illegally smoking marijuana four times with a female trainee at his home in Seoul last October. During the police investigation earlier on, T.O.P initially stated that he was not aware that what he was smoking was marijuana; however, later, he admitted to two out of the four instances of smoking marijuana.
T.O.P Acknowledges All Charges at Trial (Updates from 1st Court Hearing)  T.O.P Acknowledges All Charges at Trial (Updates from 1st Court Hearing)
The prosecution has demanded that T.O.P receive two years of probation with the possibility of a 10 month prison sentence if he violates the terms of his probation.
Previously, the female trainee that was with T.O.P at the time has received four years of probation with the possibility of a three-year prison sentence if she commits a repeat offense during her probation period; however, reports later revealed that the prosecution had appealed for a second trial.
Sources: NaverStar MK via @soompi

Lawyer Indirectly Confirms T.O.P Was In Relationship With Trainee Involved In Marijuana Case

During the closing arguments for his trial, T.O.P’s lawyer made a statement that indirectly confirmed T.O.P’s relationship with the trainee involved in the marijuana case. His lawyer stated, “At the time of the incident, T.O.P was in an unstable place psychologically and met the trainee for drinks. He was very intoxicated at the time and decided impulsively [to smoke marijuana]. He admits to all the charges and is very remorseful for his actions.”
He continued, “T.O.P acted the way he did following the trainee’s suggestions after drinking. After breaking up with the trainee, T.O.P stopped smoking marijuana.”
YG Entertainment released a short statement in response to the many inevitable questions regarding T.O.P’s relationship with the trainee and said, “Beyond what information has been released from the court, it is difficult to confirm anything.”
T.O.P also took time to apologize and said, “I sincerely apologize to everyone I have hurt or disappointed through this incident. I have made an irreversible mistake because of my unstable mental state of being and am reflecting deeply upon my actions.”
He continued, “This incident is the worst moment of my life and I am regretting it terribly. I will receive my punishment readily and make sure that nothing like this ever happens again.”
Source: News1 via Soompi

English News from Korean Media:


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu