sâmbătă, 13 aprilie 2013

PSY 'One Hit Wonder? 12 Years Experience Under His Belt Even if He Halts All Promotional Activities Overseas'


Psy the "international celebrity" revealed his honest thoughts regarding his experience of becoming an overnight celebrity after releasing the song "Gangnam Style".
April 13, Psy appeared at the official press conference for his exclusive convert "HAPPENING" that is to take place at the World Cup Stadium in Seoul.
During the press conference, Psy was asked to comment on the number of people overseas who still believe Psy is a comedian, not a singer. Psy responded, "Some people think I'm a comedian even in Korea" and made everyone laugh.



Psy continued, "I got famous for being funny. The dance moves helped. Some call me a 'one-hit-wonder' while some ask me whether I am a comedian or a singer" and "I think of myself as a mainstream singer as well as a mainstream product that people label, just like an object."
Psy added, "If some think of me as a comedian, it is something to be grateful for. I am also grateful to be considered as a musician and I am even thankful for being called a 'one-hit-wonder.' I live in the satisfaction that I get from doing my job. I am indifferent to how I am perceived."
Psy then began to express his honest thoughts regarding his career. He stated, "The excitement in this career field is unpredictable. Referring somebody as a 'one-hit-wonder' is funny. I have been doing this for the past 12 years. Whether this song does not become an international hit and I resort to ending my promotional activities overseas, I wonder if I would be fit for the title, 'one-hit-wonder.' One song from my 12-year-long career received international popularity. I have already been in the industry as a hard working singer and celebrity for 12 years already."
Psy concluded, "I would be very grateful if I could maintain my place under the international spotlight but I will continue to follow my instinct and preferences instead of struggling to maintain my popularity overseas. This will continue if people like it, if they don't, it won't continue."
Psy emphasized the past 12 years of his singing career and expressed his thoughts about the unfitting title, 'one-hit-wonder'. Psy has been a respected singer and producer in Korea for the past 12 years, since his debut. Regardless of whether his international stardom continues or not, 'one-hit-wonder' is one title that is not applicable to Psy.
Meanwhile, Psy will open his exclusive concert "HAPPENING" and unveil his performance of "Gentleman" for the very first time. Psy's performance will be aired live via mNet and YouTube.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu