miercuri, 17 aprilie 2013

G-Dragon Star Column part 3




G-Dragon is travelling to every corner of the world these days. One moment he is in Seoul for the opening of his first World Tour ‘ONE OF A KIND’, and in another he is in Japan joined by his 50,000 fans in Fukuoka Yahoo Japan Dome for his concert. In his Japan concert, another member from BigBang – Taeyang – came to cheer him on. A huge number of fans joined him despite the rain, proving his enormous popularity worldwide.
And last weekend he was in Seoul again at Sangam World Cup Stadium for his YG Entertainment agency friend, Psy, who held a concert dubbed Happening. G-Dragon’s appearance as a special guest made the concert even more special. He excels in everything, starting from his musical talents to even his personality. And we are saddened by the fact that this is the finale part of G-Dragon’s Star Column. He promised he will be back again, and I hope you enjoy his stories. And I am sure you will be there to support him at his World Tour concerts! /Editor
# Not many childhood memories
Hello Star Column readers! It also saddens me that this is the final part of the column. As this is the finale, I am going to talk about my childhood briefly. It’s strange that I don’t recall much from my childhood. Whenever my mother says something like, “you’ve been here before and you loved it!” I feel like I should remember it but frankly I don’t have any memories related to it. Every time my parents show me photographs of my childhood, I always wonder if the boy in the pictures really is me.
I was a child actor. You know how child actors are trained? It’s embarrassing to say it but I was in Popopo (Korea’s famous children show) and I also went to acting academies. Not many children did acting back then, so there were courses specially tailored to kids. I was chosen at the audition for a minor role so I had been acting when I was little.
But then I don’t remember much from back then. Mother tells me, “Ji-yong, you only focus on what you like, for example, music and fashion. And I think that is part of the reason you don’t remember things related to acting because that part of your life wasn’t so important to you.” Perhaps she is right. I don’t have many childhood memories.
But I know I was especially beloved by my family because I was the youngest. It feels great knowing that my parents still love me a lot, until this age. As I grow more mature, I try harder to do better. My parents are like my friends. So is my sister. I feel so fortunate that I have such an awesome family.
I’ve been writing lyrics to songs since I was 13, and when I turned 16 or 17 I started to compose. I think I was in 4th grade when I first wrote lyrics. I tried to emulate Western rap songs back then.
# The best food is home-cooked
I used to live away from my family when BigBang members lived together in a dorm, but now I am back in my house. I joined YG at a very young age so going to YG office to train and then go home simply for a sleep and then coming back to the office again was a normal routine for me. When BigBang made a debut it just made sense to live in a dorm because we lived on a very tight schedule. And at one point in my life I thought to myself that I really missed my family. Living with my family is the best. I fully understood why people talk about how good ‘home-cooked’ food is. When we work on our album we almost live at the studio, but YG’s cafeteria has home-made type food, so I really enjoy eating there. That’s the good thing about working long hours at the office. But whenever I get a chance to, I go home to eat my mother’s home-cooked food.
# My boss is like a brother to me
The first time I met my boss Yang Hyun-suk was when I was only 13. YG wasn’t this big back then, so there was a training room in the basement. I’ve been there at a time when YG was renting a property for training artists. It’s been 10 years since then. I see him giving compliments to the contestants of K-Pop Star these days, but he used to be very, very strict. :P But he became a lot softer, by that I mean his personality, since he got married and had kids. He is a very affectionate person.
When you get to know him better, you’ll see that he is really funny. He loves to joke and make pranks. I think, compared to other entertainment agencies, he tries to create a comfortable environment for everyone, but apart from that, he likes giving personal advice. Because he himself used to be a singer, he knows what makes us uncomfortable or the opposite, and he trusts what I do. We have this special bond between us. Seungri and Taeyang still find him a little distant. He was so strict when I was little, but as I became 20 I think he became to acknowledges me as an adult. We sometimes go for a drink together, and it’s like we are brothers. I feel comfortable when I am with him and he treats me like his own family.
# I love the show Infinite Challenge!
I am in love with the show Infinite Challenge. I have never missed an episode for 7 or 8 years. I had been telling my boss that I want to appear as a guest on the show, and luckily I was on the show a few times. I am a huge fan of the show and I am grateful that the members of the show are nice to me. It’s probably because I’ve been watching the show for so long, but I have so much affection for it. For the first two episodes I had no idea what was funny, but after knowing what the members are like and what Infinite Challenge is about, my affection for it grew very quickly.
All I do is I watch the members have fun in the show. I wouldn’t be looking forward to Saturdays if it wasn’t for Infinite Challenge. I’m that crazy about it! :)
# I am worried my fans will get hurt
There’s a word in Korean that describes ‘excessive fans.’ I will call them ‘big fans.’ It has become a big problem for a lot of celebrities in Korea, but my cases aren’t so bad. I didn’t know such word even existed until I stumbled across it online. I realized I have a lot of international fans and because they don’t get a chance to see me that often, they follow me wherever I go when they visit Korea. I am not against it, but I am worried that they would get in car accidents, because there are a lot of risky moments when I drive. That worries me.
It is dangers for the fans, the driver, and myself as well so I hope my fans don’t risk themselves for it. After the recent concert there has been a happening that could have led to a really big accident. But I want to make one thing clear: it goes without saying that I love having fans and their unswerving support, and especially when they worked so hard for rice-donating project. I am always so grateful for them and they remind me that I should always do my best.
Well, unfortunately it is time for me to say goodbye. I will spare no effort for my upcoming World Tour concerts. I thank all the readers who have been following my Star Column from the bottom of my heart. I am looking forward to writing for the column again! See you!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu